Introducing your business to Facebook
In more recent years, the number of people who are including their devices in every aspect of their lives has grown dramatically. People aren’t just using them to connect with friends and family, it has now changed to discovering and engaging with businesses.
With now 70 million active business Pages on Facebook, it’s essential that you create a page that stands out and is engaging to consumers.
WHAT TO INCLUDE ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
These are a few things that are recommended to add to your Facebook page
Useful information about your business:
- Include a cover photo/video to show your Brand identity
- Provide information in the About section
- Enable ratings and reviews
Advertise your products, services and jobs
- Promote these by having different sections giving the audience a clear message about what you do
Include a Call To Action button (CTA)
- When pressed, the Call to Action button will take the consumer straight to the businesses chosen URL.
- This makes the desired action easier to happen. For example, if you’re a clothes shop you may have a ‘Shop Now’ button which leads onto the website.
REACHING OUT TO CUSTOMERS
When you post from your page it can appear on:
- Facebook News Feed
- Facebook Search
- Local App
To build more of a community within your Facebook page you can create Events and Groups to connect people.
Using Facebook Live is also a great way to interact with your audience. It enables you to create personal content and have more of a relationship with potential customers. You’re completely in control of the broadcast, meaning you can contact people in real-time. This may be answering popular questions, or giving live feedback to something you’ve just announced.
HOW TO USE MESSENGER TO BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS
Messenger is a fast and easy way to talk to people all over the World, whatever they’re doing. People now expect to be able to contact whoever they need, whether it’s their family and friends, or their favourite business. There are now more than 2 billion messages sent between people and businesses each month, including both automated and people-initiated.
In order to utilise Messenger, make sure that it’s enabled on your page.
It’s recommended to encourage people to try and connect with you as much as possible. Great ways to do this include:
- Promote your Messenger Link and Messenger Code
- Choose ‘Send Message’ as your Call to Action
- Create ads that open a Messenger conversation
Try and be as quick with your responses as you can be. If 90% of your messages are answered in 15 minutes, you’ll earn a “Very responsive to messages badge” which will appear on your page. There are features within messenger which can help you maintain this status when receiving messages out of hours.
HOW TO MEASURE RESULTS ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Something you can do on Facebook business pages, which you cannot on personal profiles, is measure how much customers are engaging with your business. Page Insights allows you to monitor different aspects of your page including:
- How well customers are responding to your posts
- When your audience is active on Facebook
- Demographic data about your audience
- Results from your boosted ads or promotions
You can use this information to build up reports and better target your audience in the future. You can learn what type of posts get the most positive response and also which is the best time of day to publish them.